Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Remarkably Mark #56

Remarkably Mark#56: Randall Shreve.

I sit down with an amazing musician, Randall Shreve, over a beer at Valhalla in Hell's Kitchen. We speak about his musical influences, his songwriting, and the stories behind his songs. Randall is candid about his process and gives us some insight into his musical journey, and I play several of the tunes from his album The Cure For Yesterday, and some that I recorded live at his gig at Mo Pitkins last month.

Find him at www.myspace.com/randallshreve

Theme Music: "Viva Remarkably Mark!" by John Ong. www.onglinepodcast.com

Voice Mail line: 1-646-797-3196
skype: remarkablepalate

remarkablymark.blogspot.com




, , , , , , ,

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Diane said...

mark,

thanks for bringing this "rising star" to my attention. he is such a talent! i am looking forward to downloading and listening to his music.

cheers!
xo diane

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger ReMARKable Palate said...

Hey Diane! So nice to hear from you again!!!!

I was thinking to myself that I haven't heard from you in so long, I was starting to get jealous that you were cheating on me with the Fatties and the Purge boys!! ;-)

Isn't Randall amazing?? PLEASE go to http://www.myspace.com/randallshreve and download his album. He's an independent artist, and so it's important we get the word out and some cash in his pocket. He's going to be doing a gig on the Lower East Side on April 9th, so anyone in or near NYC should come out and support him!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Arthur Schenck said...

Great show, Mark. I like your easy, conversational interviewing style. So much less cold and formal than mainstream media.

I especially liked that you're clearly a music fan; so much of what passes for arts commentary is the host trying to impress by displaying their academic knowledge. It's so much more interesting and real when the host clearly likes the subject, as you do. Thanks for bringing Randall this attention, and for making it so accessible for the audience!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger ReMARKable Palate said...

Thanks, Arthur. Youre right, I'm a HUGE fan of Randall's work. Isn't he amazing?

I hope he becomes a huge star.

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger DaveinSeattle said...

wow he's cute too

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the comparison with Rufus is right on the mark. He's got a wonderful voice. I'm sure we'll be hearing more about him in the future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home