Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Remarkably Mark #45

#45: Chinatown, and a fruitless search

I go on a soundseeing tour of City Hall Park, Courthouse Row and Chinatown. I go in search of a knife bag and point out interesting things along the way in Lower Manhattan, From City Hall, the court buildings along Centre Street, the Bowery in Chinatown and The French Culinary Institute in SoHo.

Theme Music: "Viva Remarkably Mark!" by John Ong. www.onglinepodcast.com

Voice Mail line: 1-646-797-3196
skype: remarkablepalate
remarkablepalate@gmail.com

remarkablymark.podshow.com

, , , , , , , , ,

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Blogger DaveinSeattle said...

Great! Any chance you can interview any podcasting nuts?

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger ReMARKable Palate said...

Que? Are you drunkie commenting again? ;-)

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark

President Eisenhower issued a proclamation that the flag should fly at half-staff for 30 days after the death of the president or a former president, and for 10 days after the death of the vice president.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger ReMARKable Palate said...

Thanks, David

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger VJnet said...

Fun tour of Chinatown. I think you mentioned that you past a store or market called Cam Ong and that it also carried Vietnamese food/products. Well com ong means "thank you" in Vietnamese, so it just might be a Vietnamese owned store. Just thought you would like to know :)

Did you ever find a knife case?

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger ReMARKable Palate said...

Thanks for the comment, VJ. Yes, indeed, that's one of the stores I go to to get my Vietnamese specialties, like glutinous rice, all my rice paper wrappers, etc.

No, sadly, I have yet to find my knife bag. I refuse to shop at expensive places like Wiliams Sonoma and Chef's Warehouse (ever a misnomer...since the only poeple that sop there are rich housewives), so I"ll have to wait until I'm in a kitchen supply store. There's one in Chelsea that I like, so I'll pop inthere next time I have a chance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home