Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Remarkably Mark #14

Remarkably Mark #14: Too Darn Hot!

Chef Mark kvetches about schvitzing in this unbearable heat, plays shout outs from the 50th ReMARKable Palate show, and then takes you on a soundseeing tour of SoHo, including visits with a couple of artists, the Apple Store, and a special treat from a singing group. It's Too Darn Hot!

Brian Josselyn "Luscious Realism"
Sergio Furnari Workshop
A Capella Soul: accapellasoul02@yahoo.com

Theme Music: "Viva Remarkably Mark!" by John Ong. www.onglinepodcast.com

Voice Mail line: 1-646-797-3196
skype: remarkablepalate


, , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could easily spend my annual income at Kate's Paperie.

Anywho, as a former St. Louis native, I must insist that you explore the Central West End neighborhood (just off Forest Park where the Zoo is) and do some eating there. Au Lyonais is a fantastic place to get a pretty authentic salade, and it's one of the few places in the midwest I know that serves reds at a slightly cooled cellar temperature.

Drop me an e-mail thegayexpat at gmail.com and I'll have a seasoned foodie friend point you in the right directions. She'll sort you out.

Adoring your show(s), by the by, and your infectious personality. Well done.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger ReMARKable Palate said...

Wow, thanks for the tip, Gay Expat. I'm going to St. Louis for the national conference of the US Personal Chef Association, so we'll have lots of opportunities to explore good food. I believe that I'mn already scheduled for several of my meals, but I'm open to any suggestions, so I"ll definitely ask your friend for tips. While I'm there, I'm going to be podcasting from the Clayton Farmer's Market, and I have a private tour and tasting scheduled at the Anheuser-Busch brewery, so you'll hear that on a future ReMARKable Palate Podcast. Any suggestions about places to go for a dose of midwest homoness?

 
At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mark,

I was transferred to St. Louis for two very long years! That is another story - while I would not move back to the midwest - I miss the Cardinals Games and the Central West End and Clayton are both fun little areas. There are also some great places to dine out (I think I tried them allmultiple times). I need to email a pic of my coonhound...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home